View Single Post
Old January 29 2012, 04:45 AM   #739
tighr
Commodore

Re: Does It Get Better???

You_Will_Fail wrote: View Post
On a related note. One of my Voyager story ideas would have Harry Kim in a shuttle sucked into an unstable one-way wormhole back into the Alpha Quadrant. Once there, the task of finding a way to make the wormhole work both ways so a ship can be sent through to fetch Voyager is left in the hands of a science team and Harry is enlisted into the fleet to help in the war against the Dominion at its most hopeless stage. After a month of experiencing unimaginable destruction, death and dread (and maybe some DS9 crossover), he hears word that the team have succeeded in stabilizing the wormhole for two way travel. He steals a shuttle and heads into the wormhole before anyone else and once back in the Delta Quadrant, he destroys the wormhole, erases the shuttle logs and heads out to find Voyager again. The story would have given Harry some depth - he may be seen as a coward but also as someone who didn't want to see his Voyager family very likely destroyed in a war that the Feds seemed to be losing. Frankly, I think such a story would give Harry much needed depth. I'd rather see Harry be a coward than a cardboard cutout!
Any opinions on this story appreciated!!!!
We get a combination of this in Non Sequitor and Timeless, although Timeless is season 5 so the OP hasn't seen it yet.

I just don't agree with the need for a DS9 crossover story. We got the TOS crossover in Flashback, and there are going to be a few TNG crossovers that the OP hasn't gotten to yet (sorry for the spoiler, but its relevant to the conversation). We already got a DS9 crossover in the pilot episode. I just don't see the need for an episode to be set on DS9.