View Single Post
Old January 26 2012, 01:01 AM   #1988
antichristhill
Fleet Admiral

Re: Your latest purchases, cont.

Mr. Laser Beam wrote: View Post
auntiehill wrote: View Post
Gary Mitchell wrote: View Post
Is it the kind that you can stream Netflix on? I get more use out of my player for that than watching blu rays. I actually only own 1 movie on blu ray.
Yes, it is. His plan was to get rid of the pc we have next to the TV and make the blu-ray the "media center."
He should look into the AppleTV. The only problem with that one is that the ATV maxes out at 720p, and Blu-Ray players go up to 1080. But with certain TV sizes, that doesn't even matter.
My hubby would slit his wrists before buying anything Apple. He's an IT guy and to him, Apple is The Evil Empire. But he's made his purchase and seems happy with it, which is a miracle unto itself. The man never buys anything without making graphs, charts, using a slide rule, and checking every Consumer's Report issue ever published and then rolling a ten-sider.

Hell, this weekend, he needed a belt---ONE belt. I took him to Macy's, Dillard's, Ross, Old Navy, JC Penney's and Sears before he found ONE belt to buy. 6 stores to buy one brown leather belt.

So, if he announces that he wants to buy something, I say "OK."

God help me.
antichristhill is offline   Reply With Quote