View Single Post
Old January 25 2012, 03:15 PM   #148
Admiral_Young
Fleet Admiral

View Admiral_Young's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

6. "Super 8" (2011) Directed By J.J. Abrams (Starring Kyle Chandler, Joel Courtney, Elle Fanning) (A) I saw this film last summer and didn't really have a chance to do a review and will do a quick one here. This film will be on my top ten films of 2011 list. Just a superb movie that manages to capture I think what a Steven Speilberg fairy tale 70's/80's film is. It also took me back to my child hood. Watching films with my mom and brother as a kid. We didn't go to a lot of films but I have fond memories of the ones we did go see, and I really got emotional during this film a few times as it reminded me of that. This film is a total homage to Speilberg's classic films. The acting from the kids is spectacular and compelling at times. The almost kind of nostalgic setting of the late 70s. It reminds me of a really great family film mixed with an almost serial type of feel. Aghh. I'm rambling. This is why I haven't done a review of this film because there are all kinds of different emotions that this movie conjures up in me. Just a wonderful film. This is probably my second favourite film of Abrams, the first being "Star Trek" of course. I really enjoyed every aspect of this movie.

Ignoring the The Last Stand since 2011.
Admiral_Young is offline   Reply With Quote