View Single Post
Old January 25 2012, 12:12 AM   #116
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: "King's Speech" director to take on "Les Miserables"

At the end of the day (no pun intended) if Swift cannot sing the song as written, the real built in safety net is to have someone overdub her voice. That's the true built in safety net for ALL movie musicals and a similar technique is used in live productions. Audrey Hepburn, sang and recorded tracks for My Fair Lady which were not used. Rita Moreno did not sing A Boy Like That/I Have A Love in West Side Story. And on stage, the actress playing Christine in The Phantom of the Opera, prerecords the highest, and final, note (E6) in the song The Phantom of the Opera.

My only real point in choosing those two versions of I Want to Hold Your Hand, was to show that it's not just the lyrics, the speed of the song does do a lot to set the mood.

ETA: My favorite is the 10 Year Anniversary Concert. I want The Complete Symphonic Recording.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is offline   Reply With Quote