View Single Post
Old January 24 2012, 10:54 PM   #30
Evil Headhunter
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Evil Headhunter Send a message via AIM to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evil Headhunter Send a message via Yahoo to Evil Headhunter
Re: 2012 Academy Award Nominations

No love for Andy Serkis.

I'm not surprised Cars 2 wasn't nominated because it was easily Pixar's weakest film. I believe this is the first year since the category's creation where Pixar wasn't nominated in a year that they released a film.

However, I am surprised Tintin (only one capitalized T!) didn't get nominated. I'm not one for stop-motion capture animation but I thought Spielberg did a pretty good job here, although granted I'm biased considering the content of the film.

I'm also very disappointed that Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross were not nominated for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo score as well as Karen O's excellent cover of "Immigrant Song." I lost count the number of times I listened to the score before I even saw the film.

Once again, I find myself regretting watching The Ides of March instead of Hugo when I had the chance...

Professor Zoom wrote: View Post
Temis the Vorta wrote: View Post
Funny, I would have thought J Edgar would get more attention. That one screams "Oscar bait." Is it lots worse than I've heard?
J. Edgar isn't a very good movie. It's a pretty bland by the numbers bio flick. Nothing particularly interesting or illuminating. And Leo is a big meh in the film.
Which is disappointing considering I'm a huge fan of Eastwood's directing efforts. I haven't seen J. Edgar but all of the reviews I've read don't have me all that excited.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Evil Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote