View Single Post
Old January 23 2012, 08:09 PM   #146
Smellincoffee
Commodore

View Smellincoffee's Twitter Profile
Re: So What Are you Reading?: Generations

I just finished Star Wars: Choices of One by Timothy Zahn, a follow-up to his Allegiance (2006). A small band of 'rogue' stormtroopers -- deserters turned do-good vigilantes -- hooks up with Mara Jade, the Emperor's Hand, to deal with a case of treason. It seems an Imperial governor in the hinterlands is offering the Rebels (who just recently destroyed the Death Star) a base in return for their assistance in resisting the expansion of a mysterious alien overlord. Luke, Leia, and Han have gone to see if this offering is a trap, and presently all of the characters are involved in a tangled plot of intrigue with plenty of action. Quite enjoyable, though I preferred reading about Jade and the Stormtroopers more than anyone else. Thrawn and Pallaeon are present, as well.

One of the secondary characters, a mysterious masked man named Lord Odo, confused me throughout the novel. I kept reading his lines in Constable Odo's gruff voice. Considering that Odo is supposed to mean 'unknown', and Lord Odo's identity and mission are a secret to the main characters, I wonder if it's a reference on Zahn's part..
DS9 CapCon #98: Hell to the Chief!
"The more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain.." - Commander Montgomery Scott.
Smellincoffee is offline   Reply With Quote