View Single Post
Old January 22 2012, 02:27 AM   #673
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Re: Does It Get Better???

Anwar wrote: View Post
You DID say that "Q Who?" and BOBW showed the Borg to be unstoppable and the Feds unable to do anything against them and this was how the Borg should always be portrayed.

"Scorpion" blew this all away by showing that they aren't unstoppable and there is at least one alien species in all of existence that can do something against them. This is totally against what you say their portrayal should be like.
That's about right. I believe that the Borg are at their best when they're a nearly unstoppable menace. They were a scary and genuine threat in TNG, and that's one of the main reasons I found them so captivating.

Going off on a slightly different topic, I don't think the Borg should have reappeared after I, Borg. They started to get stale in TNG's Descent, and so far on Voyager things haven't gotten much better. That's not to say that the Borg episodes have been bad. For the most part they've been fine, but not mind blowingly great like they were in TNG. I feel like the Borg are being overused.