View Single Post
Old January 21 2012, 09:25 PM   #87
Captaindemotion
Vice Admiral

Re: OT: Announcing ONLY SUPERHUMAN, my first original novel!

Christopher wrote: View Post
The cover for Only Superhuman has just been released on Facebook and my blog. And here it is:

I couldnít have asked for a more perfect cover for this book. It marvelously conveys the novelís sense of high-flying action and adventure in a high-tech setting, and the flamboyance and power of its heroine, Emerald Blair (aka the Green Blaze). It makes the novel look exciting and energetic, and that should help sell copies. (This scene doesnít appear in the book, but itís kind of an amalgam of elements of the opening and climactic action sequences.)

And itís a marvelous portrait of Emerald Blair. First off, Iím stunned and honored by how closely artist Raymond Swanland followed my character design drawings. Allowing for a bit of idealization, and my own limited ability to translate my visual ideas to paper, itís as authentic a portrait of Emry as I couldíve hoped for. More, it captures her personality and the life she leads very well. She looks like she just hurled herself off the top of a skyscraper without giving any thought to what happens next. Sheís totally focused on fighting the bad guys and wonít let little things like plans or gravity distract her. Sheís in an incredibly precarious and dangerous situation and she looks completely at home there. Yes, she is presented in a sexual, glamorous way too, but thatís in character for her, and itís a very athletic, active, powerful kind of sexiness that (at least to my eye) complements the impression of strength and competence in this image rather than undermining it.

In any case, itís an ideal way to introduce Emerald Blair to the world, and Iím very happy with it.
That's a really kick-ass cover. Okay, never judge a book by its cover and all that ... but a lot of people who don't already know about the book or writer are definitely going to pick it up when they see it.