View Single Post
Old January 19 2012, 01:53 AM   #32
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: Green Arrow (CW)

Why call it "Arrow"? Way to hide the show from casual viewers who might actually recognize a show called "Green Arrow" from the comic books and who don't frequent sites like this. Is it possible the CW is telegraphic the fact that a "Green Arrow" movie is in the works? Maybe. Or maybe the fact some feel Green Lantern bombed has made "Green" a no-no word? I don't get it.

I don't have high hopes. Not that I expect a show to be about an archer in tights running around the place, but Smallville's take was really disappointing. Oliver Queen, remember, is DC's version of Tony Stark, and if the show doesn't follow through, it's going to be pretty weak. I hope they include Black Canary because that's like doing Superman without Lois.

I'm doing a though at them remaking Beauty and the Beast as a cop show (I'm sorry - "procedural"). Apparently it's not simply a new take on the fairy tale but an actual remake of the TV series from the 1980s. Can you say Grimm rip-off?

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote