View Single Post
Old January 17 2012, 10:53 AM   #3
Emh
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to Emh Send a message via AIM to Emh Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Emh Send a message via Yahoo to Emh
Re: Doctor Who, first time through

Hober Mallow wrote: View Post
Then came the regeneration into Colin Baker. I misunderstood what was happening. When the Master's face appeared and ordered the Doctor to "Die!" I thought that the Master's mind had merged with the Doctor, and that Colin Baker was supposed to look like a cross between the Master and the Doctor. My idea was "confirmed" to me in the next episode, when it seemed to me the Doctor's evil "Master" side attacked his companion
Huh, interesting theory. I've read many fan theories on The Sixth Doctor's demeanor (including Colin Baker's take as developed in the Big Finish audio plays), but I have to say I kind of like it. I'm not going to agree with it but it's interesting nonetheless.

As VCDNI has already confirmed, your theory on The First Doctor is pretty much spot on. The Doctor's travels with Ian and Barbara changed the course of his life and all of the following companions continue to have a profound effect on him.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
Emh is offline   Reply With Quote