View Single Post
Old January 17 2012, 04:27 AM   #4126
Gojira
Commodore

Re: Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Trekker4747 wrote: View Post
Saul wrote: View Post
Nerys Myk wrote: View Post
Hot's subjective. Witness folks complaining abut Margot Kidder, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Scarlett Johansson, Anne Hathaway...well just about any actress cast in a superhero movie.
I must say that I wasn't that attracted to Margot Kidder either.
I think you are right saying that hot is subjective but I think in some cases like this it can be held as a general opinion. I'm not saying she isn't attractive but just missing something. But I think if they do like 'Superman: The Movie' and get the relationship to work and make us love her character it doesn't matter.
I love Maggie Gyllenhaaal, Scarlett Johansson is pretty much a goddess and Anne Hathaway can be quite lovely.

Margot Kidder? Never bought for a moment she was a Lois Lane. She didn't have the look and her raspy chain-smoking vice was hardly doing her any favors. It was hard to see what Superman would like in her and if we can't see that then it's hard to really buy into the relationship.

Margot Kidder was a terrible Lois Lane.

As said above, I think Teri Hatcher probably had the right balance between looks, being spunky and being a strong-willed "modern woman." It was easy to see why Superman would like her, it was easy to see why Clark would be interested in Lois on Smallville or even in Superman: Returns.

Margot Kidder? Couldn't buy it for a moment.
I completely agree with everything you said.