View Single Post
Old January 16 2012, 05:02 AM   #545
AdmiralScreed
Captain

Re: Does It Get Better???

Another night of new Voyager episodes.

Scorpion Part 1: This episode's most glaring flaw is that it diminished the threat of the Borg. Seeing Borg ships torn apart makes for good action, but I can't help but feel disappointed that the species who once assimilated Picard and almost destroyed the Federation are now having their ships blown apart like TIE Fighters. Nevertheless, this is still a well written and enjoyable episode. I like the scenes between Chakotay and Janeway, particularly their conflicting views at the very end. I was glad that Chakotay was finally standing up to her and telling it as it is. After all, she did choose him as first officer because she wanted someone who could challenge her in difficult situations such as this.
All in all, a good episode.
6/10

Scorpion Part 2: This episode is quite a bit better than part 1. We see Voyager and the Borg trying to work together, which is something I would never have seen coming when I first saw TBOBW. We also see more conflict between Chakotay and Janeway. I personally think that Chakotay made the right decision since the Borg were obviously untrustworthy.
I am sure that Seven of Nine will make for a very nice addition to the cast. I enjoyed all of her scenes in this episode.
8/10