View Single Post
Old January 15 2012, 07:05 AM   #88
Vanyel
The Imperious Leader

Re: "King's Speech" director to take on "Les Miserables"

Kestrel wrote: View Post
That said... while it makes me feel better about her casting, it still leaves me very unsure for one reason. She does the haunting, quiet stuff really well, but "On My Own" turns from that into a BIG massive orchestral song - a chance for the singer to absolutely show off her pipes. You could change it of course, but that would be a real shame at least in my mind.
That would be a shame, indeed.

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Sadly, I suspect they'll cut "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables." It's a lovely song, but it doesn't really advance the plot. And it slows things down just as, in theory, the movie is heading for its conclusion.
That would make me sad. I got the chance to see the traveling Broadway production the other night and I was struck by just how much I like some of the quieter songs in Act II.
The Act II is amazing. I really never understood why people dislike Act II, and it's songs.

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
Intermissions are a thing of the past.
Yeah, tis true. The most recent movie I saw with an intermission was the Director's Cut of Kingdom of Heaven - and of course that wasn't released to theaters.
True, but I think an Intermission would be nice just to get up off my butt and use the bathroom. Titanic was 194 minute (3 hours 19 minutes) and I was really ready to go to the bathroom.

Dances with Wolves was the last movie I saw at the theater with an intermission, but I still think it would work. Just so long as there are no seat stealers.
Imogene, get serious! Who do you think you're talking to?! I've known you for 27 years, and all I can say is, if God was giving out sexually transmitted diseases to people as a punishment for sinning, then you would be at the free clinic all the time! And so would the rest of us!
--Julia Sugarbaker
Vanyel is online now   Reply With Quote