View Single Post
Old January 13 2012, 03:36 AM   #78
The Borgified Corpse
Admiral

Location: Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down there 20 minutes ago.
Re: "King's Speech" director to take on "Les Miserables"

Really, isn't Swift's "You Belong with Me" the country-pop equivalent of "On My Own"?

Kestrel wrote: View Post
Russell Crowe? Can he sing? Also, Australian Valjean and Javert, eh?
"Makin' movies! Makin' songs! And fightin' 'round the world!"

Radcliffe as Marius? My first reaction is he's too young, but he's 21 now and only 3 years younger than Michele, soo... that could work, assuming he can sing. I doubt he could pull off Enjolras, but maybe.
Daniel Radcliffe should play Grantaire, just for the hell of it.

Between "Beggars at the Feast" and "Dog Eat Dog," keep "Dog Eat Dog" - it's so sinister and drives home the "Miserables" part of the show.
Agreed that "Dog Eat Dog" is the more sinister piece. It's also a different tune, whereas "Beggars at the Feast" is basically a reprise of "Master of the House."

But from a pacing point of view, "Dog Eat Dog" is more vulnerable. By that point, you don't care about the Thenardiers. You want to keep the focus on the core 4-- Valjean, Javert, Cosette, & Marius. On the other hand, by the time you get to "Beggars at the Feast," it's a welcome return by a pair of beloved characters.