View Single Post
Old January 10 2012, 03:47 PM   #64
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2012

2. Wild Child: (✩✩) Natasha Richarson's last movie starring Emma Roberts. It's about a wild child, played by Roberts, who gets sent to a boarding school in Britain. There, she meets a boy and has to contend with a mean girl and her entourage who are out to get her. In the end, she wins the day. Not very substantial, but it was nice seeing Emma.

3. Fling: (✩✩✩) This movie is about the effects of an open relationship on a couple. It was enjoyable, but some of the anger and reactions were a bit much. Courtney Ford plays the woman in the relationship and her real life husband Brandon Routh plays the guy she has on the side.

4. Arthur 2: On the Rocks: (✩✩✩✩) I saw Arthur a few months ago and decided to check this one out. Good story with some funny and clever moments from Dudley Moore's lovable drunk, Arthur.

5. Havoc: (✩✩✩✩) Anne Hathaway plays well off girl in L.A. who's gone "gangsta" with her friends because they're bored. Eventually, she and a friend get in with a drug dealer and although they never get into any life-threatening danger, they do go a little far and end up shaken by their lifestyle choices. Anne Hathaway appears topless and Freddy Rodriguez did a fantastic job as a gang banger/drug dealer. I thought I recognized him, but couldn't place him because I'm so used to his clean cut image from Six Feet Under.

6. Contagion: (✩✩✩✩) This was reviewed up-thread. I enjoyed its more realistic take on a viral outbreak.

7. The Blind Side: (✩✩✩) True story of a well off white family that takes in and eventually adopts a black kid with no prospects. I enjoyed Sandra Bullock's performance as the tough-as-nails matriarch of the family.

8. Batman: Under the Red Hood: (✩✩✩✩) Jason Todd is killed and 5 years later, Batman has to contend with a mysterious new villain in Gotham. The identity of this new villain is pretty obvious from the get go, but the "hows" and "whys" behind his return and behavior provided for a gripping story. Good Batman movie with a poignant ending.

9. The Andromeda Strain: (✩✩✩) Slow start and lacks the noise and excitement of modern movies, but it was good and got more engaging as it progressed. I'm glad I finally saw this.

10. The Last Man on Earth: (✩✩✩✩) Very campy by today's standards, but it was really fun seeing an early version of I Am Legend. The similarities were pretty amazing.

At the Theatre: 0
On DVD/Blu-Ray: 3
On Demand: 1
On TV: 6
Off the Internet: 0
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote