View Single Post
Old January 9 2012, 08:28 PM   #274
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: sf/f TV development news - 2012

Is this the first series that Carter has been involved with since The X-Files?

Not sure what to make of this: Yahoo is launching a sci-fi animated series, Electric City, from Tom Hanks, blurring the boundaries between "show" and "game," a notion that's been kicking around for years now. Eventually someone is bound to figure it out how to make it work. (Maybe TrekBBS should license Star Trek from CBS and do something similar? )
The world as we know it has ended and out of the rubble, the Electric City stands as a symbol of peace and security. Yet under the veneer of order lies a world full of secrets and violence. Secret police, back-alley dealings, daring chases, and murder all find a home in the “Electric City.” Through the lens of a functioning, yet dystopian metropolis, “Electric City” touches upon relevant global issues and themes including energy consumption, freedom of information, crime and punishment and more. The story unfolds gradually, layering mystery upon mystery, inviting viewers to interact with the content and each other. Metaphors and symbols are woven throughout, creating a perfect environment for puzzle-solving and community interaction.

Yahoo!’s interactive and social features will allow viewers to:
o Navigate non-linearly and learn more about the world of “Electric City” through a 3-D interactive map
o Dig deeper into character back-stories and learn about the cast behind the characters’ voices
o Watch exclusive behind-the-scenes footage
o Post reactions and commentary directly to Facebook and Twitter
o Engage members of their social networks in discussions and debates about societal themes, events and characters and/or join the larger “Electric City” community discussion
o Engage in casual games and other content related to the series
I guess I'll start being liberal-minded and add Yahoo, Netflix, etc's development efforts to my ever-expanding list.

Last edited by Temis the Vorta; January 9 2012 at 08:43 PM.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote