View Single Post
Old January 9 2012, 07:10 PM   #703
23skidoo
Admiral

Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

KB24 wrote: View Post
Yes, what is the deal with the Bond radio shows? Are they sanctioned and all that or truer to the books and such?
What radio shows are you referring to? The only ones I'm aware of were adaptations of the novels. There was one done on Moonraker in the 1950s and there have been a few one-off book adaptations in more recent years. Presumably unless they're fan-made they were licensed by Ian Fleming Publications (owners of the literary copyright). Or could you be referring to radio broadcast of audio books? That happens quite often in the UK, especially on BBC Radio, in which case those would be the audio books you can find on sale pretty much anywhere.

Anyway, looking at the cast list it looks pretty strong. I like the fact we've got a British Bond girl again assuming that's Naomie's character (Naomie Harris is of Jamaican heritage but was born in London). Discounting Gemma Arterton's cameo in Quantum of Solace I don't think we've had a real British Bond girl since Diana Rigg. Seriously - check out the nationalities of the actresses since OHMSS; Mary Goodnight was British but the actress I believe was Swedish. And I'm not counting villains or eye candy like Caroline Munro in Spy Who Loved Me. Maybe I'm missing one - it can't have been THAT long.

It would be an interesting twist to make Moneypenny the Bond girl this time around. Would be a nice way to reintroduce the character.

Alex
"These are historical documents - preserving them is important. Tarting them up for a night out in the twenty-first century is unnecessary" - Toby Hadoke, "Should mistakes in old episodes of Doctor Who be fixed on DVD" (Doctor Who Magazine #445)
23skidoo is offline   Reply With Quote