View Single Post
Old January 8 2012, 10:57 PM   #1486
JD
Admiral

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
Honestly, I think everything we've heard so far makes a certain amount of sense given what we've seen in the movies so far. Considering where Loki and the Skull end up at the end of their last appearances, it makes sense for them to meet on some other plane. We've already seen the Infinity Gauntlet in Thor, and I can't imagine Thanos getting a Hell of a lot of screen time. His appearance (if any) will more than likely be brief plot device that will establish his character for the audience (ala Nick Fury in Iron Man and Hawkeye in Thor) to set up some future movie--probably Thor 2 or the proposed Guardians of the Galaxy movie.
Maybe Thanos' appearance will be the post-credits scene. I'm not familiar with the character yet, but it seems like the kind of thing that Marvel might do to up the excitement for future movies. And I find it hard to believe that they'd put a possible third (or fourth) villain in a movie that already has at least one, maybe two or even three villains (depending on what exactly happens with Hulk), and between six or eight major heroes (depending on how big a role Nick Fury and Maria Hill play). IMO that would just make it way to cluttered for a two to two and a half hour movie.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)