View Single Post
Old January 8 2012, 04:46 AM   #407
Elias Vaughn
Captain

Re: Before Dishonour....seriously?!

Edit_XYZ wrote: View Post
Elias Vaughn wrote: View Post
No one's saying it's wrong to destroy a Borg cube that is actively attacking the Federation, especially if Starfleet has no alternative.

But there's a HUGE difference between killing in self defense and hunting down and exterminating everyone who wants harm to befall you.
What about a cube that is preparing to destroy/destroying another civilisation - let's say, in the delta quadrant (a fact of which you are certain)?

Is it off-limits simply because it's not you the one doing the dying, Elias Vaughn?
Are you asking me if I believe the Federation should be the Milky Way's police force?

No, I don't. If asked to defend a planet/culture/civilization, sure, the Federation should help out. But no, they shouldn't go off and hunt/destroy the Borg.

Anyway, this is an odd thing for you to be arguing that the Federation should be doing. Why is it Janeway's fault for destroying the transwarp hub and siccing the Borg on the Federation, but active genocide is the moral course of action? Wouldn't the Borg react even MORE aggressively to someone actively trying to wipe them off the face of the universe? Why is Janeway culpable for destroying the transwarp hub but escalating a war with the Borg is a wonderful idea?
Elias Vaughn is offline   Reply With Quote