View Single Post
Old January 7 2012, 12:55 PM   #4015
HappyDayRiot
Commodore

Re: (UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Hanukkah Solo wrote: View Post
So I've been trying to decide on a Premier League team to follow, but I'm in the U.S., so I can't watch as many games as I'd like to, so I'm not completely familiar with all of the teams. Is it "okay" to root for two teams? Because three of my favorite U.S. national players play for Everton (Tim Howard, along with Landon Donovan who's currently on loan) and Fulham (Clint Dempsey). As far as I can tell those two teams don't have a rivalry with one another, and neither team is one that could be considered bandwagoning (i.e. Manchester United). And for the most part I've liked what I've seen of both teams.
Nice reasoning. If you want the most fun though, follow one of those two (middle-to-lower-top half) teams and also have a team at the bottom e.g. Bolton, Blackburn (maybe not them this season...), Norwich, Swansea*. You'll never be bored with relegation drama!

*actually don't follow Swansea