View Single Post
Old January 7 2012, 07:10 AM   #673
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Re: Ongoing Community Discussion Thread

I Grok Spock wrote: View Post
Looks like it's coming back for the rest of this year!
I dont think that meant what you thought it did. All Bob Greenblatt said was that they're planning on putting it back in the schedule if/when one of the new shows fails.

Here's Alan Speinwall's slightly more detailed description:

Take "Community," which aired its last regularly-scheduled episode last night. Though Greenblatt insisted that the show isn't canceled and would return later in the spring on a night and time to be determined (though likely not leading off a night again), that wasn't so much news as Greenblatt clarifying something that was only implied when "Community" wasn't mentioned at all in the mid-season press release. The show's future for a fourth season is very much up in the air - when I asked him about it, he said, "I don't know. Those are really hard questions to answer right now." - because, despite its cable-esque levels of adulation, its overall ratings have been terrible for a while now.

"That's been the good news and bad news of 'Community,'" Greenblatt said. "It has such a strong core audience, and yet it's been hard to expand that audience."
This really isn't any new info, just repetition of what we've heard before.

-Indy, who knows a thing or two about defeating trolls.

Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote