View Single Post
Old January 5 2012, 05:03 PM   #129
JanewayRulz!
Vice Admiral

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Killandra wrote: View Post
Let me just say that I love the character enough that YES I not only read but succumbed to writing fanfiction during the latter years of the TV series and did my first fan-novel nearly 10 years after it ended.

I did the novel because she captured my imagination and I felt there was so much more to delve into with her character, and NOT because some stuffed suit had decided to kill her off.
I concur all these points. Do you have a link to your work? I'd love to read it. I dabble in fan fiction from time to time, both writing and reading it...but I haven't lately with my day job, night job, and going after my second degree...Guess who's supposed to have page 8 done for a comic book turned in to her editor by tomorrow but is on here instead... (It'll be done, I only have a panel to go and we all need time to unwind, right?)

I was elated with Spock's return as well. Yes, the same can be said if Janeway returns that perhaps an aspect of her sacrifice will be diminished too, but there is a way that a comeback can serve a purpose that overrides the diminished sacrifice. Besides, in works of fiction, who says heroes must stay dead?
You can find the link in the description of Possum's "trailer" for the fanfic. She did a great job, if I do say so myself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQvkoo66vYI