View Single Post
Old January 5 2012, 10:13 AM   #126
Killandra
Lieutenant Commander

View Killandra's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Killandra Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Killandra Send a message via Yahoo to Killandra
Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
JanewayRulz! wrote: View Post
I guess I should be thankful that Janeway never made it to the big screen. If her film performed as poorly, SHE would have been blamed for the demise of the movie franchise.
Kate Mulgrew played Admiral Janeway in "Star Trek: Nemesis". It bombed. And yes, some people blamed her, in part, for that failing.
That's really sad being that she's in the movie so long that if you blink, you miss her, lol! I love Janeway, but she really was insignificant in the movie and honestly, even if you take out her less than 5 minute cameo, the movie would have still done just as bad. The writing was sub par at best and most fans I think can agree that the ending just blew. TNG movies should honestly have stopped while they were ahead. Nemesis quite frankly, was the Trek movie that didn't need to be made. They should have let TNG go and let DS9 or Voyager take over the movie reigns or just not made a movie at all. I know that's a hard pill to swallow for TNG fans, but TNG had it's time in the sun and it was well past the time to pass the movie torch as well rather than have Nemesis steal some of its thunder and smear part of its legacy.

Last edited by Killandra; January 5 2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Correcting spelling mistakes, lol
Killandra is offline   Reply With Quote