View Single Post
Old January 4 2012, 05:52 AM   #1
JD
Admiral

New Syfy series Lost Girl - prelaunch thread

Lost Girl follows supernatural seductress Bo, a Succubus who feeds on the sexual energy (sometimes called "chi") of humans. Growing up with human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door - until she drained her boyfriend to death in their first sexual encounter. Now, she has hit the road alone and afraid. She discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend and folklore, who pass as humans while feeding off them secretly and in different ways, as they have for millennia. Relieved to find out that she is not alone, yet horrified, Bo decides to take the middle path between the humans and the Fae while embarking on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.
With the help of her human sidekick, Kenzi, and Dyson, a sexy Fae working as a human police detective, Bo takes on a challenge every week helping a Fae or human client who comes to her to solve a mystery, or to right a wrong.
Lost Girl premieres on Syfy Monday, January 16, at 10/9c.

l
And the trailer
I really like this kind of urban fantasy stuff, and so far Syfy has a pretty good track record with original series for me, so I'm looking forward to this. Anyone else gonna check it out?
EDIT: One other element that they don't touch on in that description is the fact that there are good and bad Fae, and at a certain point they are supposed choose a side. But Bo hasn't chosen a side yet, so along with the mystery of the week mentioned in that description, there appears to be a bigger story about the conflict and Bo's role as a "free agent" as they put it in one of the trailers.

Last edited by JD; January 4 2012 at 06:03 AM.
JD is offline   Reply With Quote