View Single Post
Old January 3 2012, 07:19 PM   #2901
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Santa Kang wrote: View Post
Peter Gallagher Saves Christmas wrote: View Post
Batgirl #4: I loved the idea of an app that criminals can use to let eachother know where Batman is. Have you seen Batman? Just hit a button on your phone, indicating his location. Modern tech is catching up with Bats. The only thing I don't like about Batgirl is that she doesn't come off like a frightening creature of the night. She's just a young woman, acting like a regular person, but in a costume. Still a great title though and I like how well they're fleshing out Barbara as a person.
That's because she isn't Batman and isn't trying to be.
Maybe she should.

I really like Batgirl and what they're doing with her, but while reading, I just got to thinking that she needs to come off as more than just a regular girl in a costume. A bit more mystery and a more menacing aura would be a better fit. Hugging and chatting with victims she just rescued seems more appropriate for a celebrity appearing at the mall than a crime fighter. Some superheroes can get away with that because their powers are formidable enough, but people like Batman and Batgirl don't have that image or that advantage.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote