View Single Post
Old January 2 2012, 11:17 PM   #106
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
You don't know how the decision to reduce Janeway's involvement in the post-finale Voyager narrative or the decision to ultimately remove her from the picture entirely was arrived at, so you really ought not to be passing judgment on why/how said decisions were arrived at. I also disagree with this notion that they 'ditched' the character of Janeway.
Maybe, but I still have the right to criticize a move which I find unnecessary and stupid.

Given that Golden's books take place, chronologically, BEFORE the events of Nemesis, her promotion to Admiral in Homecoming was done in order to sync up the post-finale Voyager fiction with the character's 'future' as shown in that film.
Yes, but I see no reason to tie her up behind a desk and use that as a reason for dumping the character. As I wrote before, they could have demoted her (which I might do in an upcoming fanfiction story, I'm getting tired of that admiral thing) or simply made her the same kind of admiral as Kirk was in the movies.

Regarding what the editors of the post-finale Voyager fiction could/should've done, that really isn't up to you to either decide or determine. You can disagree with what they did, but that doesn't change the fact that they did it, and criticizing them because of the decisions they made - at least with the degree of harshness that you and others have - honestly strikes me as silly and sad.
Dhat "hashness" might be a result of years of frustration with "people in charge". First Kes, then J/C and then Janeway, not to mention Kirk and Data too. And unfortunately I must admit that I often become nasty when I'm angry and frustrated. Something I like and have spent years of being a fan of is trashed by "people in suits" only for effects. Things like that annoys me.

It has yet to be seen if Neelix will have a role to play in future Voyager stories, but he has a small part to play in both Unworthy and Children of the Storm.
I just hope that they don't kill him off. Besides that, Kes and Tuvok are also missing.

You really don't get it, do you? It isn't your place to determine whether or not I'm a 'real' fan of Kathryn Janeway simply because I had a much different reaction to her 'death' than you did.
It might be the fact that I'm simply a different kind of fan with different opinions than you but I must admit that I find it hard to understand how someone can be a fan of a character and then so easily accept that this character is killed off, wiped out or whatever.

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote