View Single Post
Old January 1 2012, 02:21 AM   #86
Syn.Sixx
Ensign

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Three things:
1) You can't ask/beg people to support your cause. Note that nowhere in my example did I blatantly ask people for their support.

2) Your OP in that Trek Lit thread was full of blatantly false accusations/assumptions leveled against the current and past editors of Trek Lit. That is confrontational, as are the accusations that you and several others have leveled against me in this version of your thread thus far (see below for one such example), and that were leveled against me the last time this subject was broached.

3) FOR THE LAST FREAKING TIME, I AM A KATHRYN JANEWAY FAN, and am tired of being accused of not being so simply because I happen to disagree with the sentiment that you and others express that she should not have been 'killed off' or otherwise removed from the post-finale Voyager Relaunch fiction, or that the decision to 'kill' her off should somehow be reversed. Accusations that I 'don't like Janeway' or that I'm somehow 'not a true Voyager fan' because I'm not in 'lockstep' with your guys' opinion(s) are confrontational; they are designed to provoke confrontation because they are categorically not true.

In response:

1. Actually, yes I can ask people to help support the BBKJ movement. How else do we gain awareness of it? Your continued statements to the contrary are absurd and of no value whatsoever. I asked for people who agree, to sign. Just because you want to try and somehow pervert a simple action into something it was not .. does not make it so.

2. I have not been in any way as confrontational in this thread, nor the other thread. In fact, quite the contrary.
As is clear, I stated it there too.. that other view point is fine. We're just trying to reach those who might feel as we do. You can try to twist what I say all you like, but my words are there and you're wrong. you don't have to agree with me. I don't care if you liked her, loved her, hated her, didn't care enough about her to have an emotion either way! Over and over, in almost every post .. I've said I know some don't agree that's not the issue.

My remarks concerning you were based on your words, and your actions in trying to twist what I've said out of context. You have tried to take a polite request and make it into a confrontational statement which it was not. Nor were the original posts in any way as rude as you continue to be. I may have gotten some details inaccurate, but the information came to me from others and I was unable to find anything to confirm or contradict it and so I went with it. I am allowed to state my opinion, that is not confrontational either. Where as your continued hostile and pointless contributions trying to degrade our group are outright laughable, and only do us more good in fact as you're coming across as quite amusing and making sure that this thread stays very active.

Thank you for that by the way.

3. You certainly seem to like to jump to conclusions. You keep accusing me (and others I presume) of not accepting the viewpoint of those who don't want Janeway to return. I've posted over and over, that other viewpoint is quite all right and I have no problems with those who feel that way. I do have the right to express my hopes to see Janeway returned, and I have done so with far more respect than you have given to those who don't agree with your point of view in that you don't think she should return. Nor have I ever said that you are not a true Voyager fan because you don't agree with me.

It is you who shows no respect for our feelings, for our opinions, or for our hopes.

I will admit on the other thread, I was using a different computer and I multi-posted rather than using the multi-quote feature in error. As I said there and apologized for my error, I was working on some insurance related documents, had the window minimized with the Word document over it and I made a mistake. That was not confrontation or hostility, just a mistake and I apologized for it.

If you don't like this topic, then stop reading it.

I, and everyone else who does support the BBKJ movement, have just as much right to post here and discuss our hopes as you. No one is forcing you to read our posts, no one is forcing you to be part of the discussion. Go do something else.

Last edited by Syn.Sixx; January 1 2012 at 02:23 AM. Reason: formatting error
Syn.Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote