View Single Post
Old January 1 2012, 01:24 AM   #82
Blacglac
Cadet

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
I'm not one of those people who thinks that she absolutely has to be involved in Voyager stories in order for those stories to actually qualify AS Voyager stories, or for those stories to be of any worth.

In previous instances where this topic has been broached here, I - and others who disagree with the sentiment expressed by you, Syx, Brit, Lynx, and others - have been attacked for not being in 'lockstep' with said sentiment, and, as I said to Syx in the edit to my previous post, the manner in which the subject was broached this time around was very confrontational, even if it wasn't intended to be.

Now, even though I edited the comment you quoted out of my last post, I nevertheless stand by the idea that everything you said is BS because it is not supported by the ways in which you and/or others have broached this subject in the past, nor is it supported by the way in which Syx broached the subject this time around.

If you don't want to be responded to with confrontation, don't come in here behaving in a confrontational fashion, intentionally or otherwise, particularly as it concerns this particular issue/topic.

I came into this thread in the first place because of the duplicate thread that was posted in the Trek Lit forum, and only initially posted in this iteration of it in response to what I saw as blatant examples of the condescension and arrogance that has been previously demonstrated by individuals who champion the 'Bring Back Janeway' cause towards individuals who do not think said cause is actually something that needs to be championed.
I posted here trying to bring some sort of end to this debate. Not to say one set of people are right and another set are wrong. We're all entitled to our own opinion. I personally don't agree with some people adamant in this cause because they haven't read the books at all. You can't complain about something you've never read.
Just because you don't agree with our decision to try and bring Janeway back, does not give you carte-blanche to try and tell us that we're wrong. If you don't agree, don't read. It's a simple request, and one that I find keeps stress levels down for everyone involved.