View Single Post
Old January 1 2012, 01:11 AM   #79
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Blacglac wrote: View Post
DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Blacglac wrote: View Post
If you don't want to sign the petition, then don't. No-one is making you, or trying to make you.
All we are doing is trying to spread the message in as many places as possible, so that those that would like to see Janeway return to the series can get involved with others who share that viewpoint. This isn't about forcing our opinion down your throat
I'm sorry, but that's a whole lot of BS. If all you guys were trying to do was 'get the word out' about the petition's existence, the title of this thread wouldn't be 'Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please', and people like Syx, Brit, and Lynx wouldn't be spouting off ridiculous and ultimately wrong ideas about why signing this petition is something that people should care about doing.
And how else do you let folks know what they're going to get?
Also, given the title and your apparent dis-like bordering on patronising attitude for those who want it to succeed:
Why did you open the thread? Seems as if you opened just to spout off about how everyone who wants Janeway back is wrong and you are right in thinking she's better off gone...
Bit arrogant and attention seeking, no?
First of all, I edited the comment you quoted out of my last post because I realized that it was better served for me to respond to Syx than to you, since you both more or less brought up the same issue.

Second, I have never once said or indicated that I think that Janeway is better off gone. I am an admitted Kathryn Janeway fan, but I'm not one of those people who thinks that she absolutely has to be involved in Voyager stories in order for those stories to actually qualify AS Voyager stories, or for those stories to be of any worth.

In previous instances where this topic has been broached here, I - and others who disagree with the sentiment expressed by you, Syx, Brit, Lynx, and others - have been attacked for not being in 'lockstep' with said sentiment, and, as I said to Syx in the edit to my previous post, the manner in which the subject was broached this time around was very confrontational, even if it wasn't intended to be.

Now, even though I edited the comment you quoted out of my last post, I nevertheless stand by the idea that everything you said is BS because it is not supported by the ways in which you and/or others have broached this subject in the past, nor is it supported by the way in which Syx broached the subject this time around.

If you don't want to be responded to with confrontation, don't come in here behaving in a confrontational fashion, intentionally or otherwise, particularly as it concerns this particular issue/topic.

I came into this thread in the first place because of the duplicate thread that was posted in the Trek Lit forum, and only initially posted in this iteration of it in response to what I saw as blatant examples of the condescension and arrogance that has been previously demonstrated by individuals who champion the 'Bring Back Janeway' cause towards individuals who do not think said cause is actually something that needs to be championed.

"Ze director's cut is ze film you saw in ze theater."
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote