View Single Post
Old January 1 2012, 12:57 AM   #73
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
I'd just like to say that I don't want to argue. I just feel like we all should be able to state our opinions but not be bashed for it. We're all here because we like Star Trek, not to pinpoint flaws and argue over them. Some people liked Janeway, some didn't and I'm okay with that. Some of us want her back in the books, some don't. We all have our causes, and if we choose to support them, then that's our choice.
Of course people are entitled to their own opinions. However they are not entitled to their own facts. One of the things that bugs me big time is this constant whining that Janeway was somehow treated unfairly by being killed off. Worse than that is the notion that she is being treated differently than the male characters. Yet when its pointed out that she is NOT being treated differently there is silence. These people keep saying again and again that the men get resurrected but not the women but ignore that the men have NOT be resurrected. In fact only one character in Trek history has ever been formally dead and brought back to life. That was Spock. Everyone else that has died has stayed dead. Thus demanding that Janeway stay dead is not some conspiracy to keep women down.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote