View Single Post
Old December 31 2011, 11:19 PM   #55
Gotham Central
Vice Admiral

View Gotham Central's Twitter Profile
Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Galekarens wrote: View Post
Trip was brought back in the books, Sisko is back, Kirk was brought back in Shatner's books, Data's back in STOnline and The Needs of the Many, and Spock was brought back (considered by most with very positive results), without people having a fit about it. Only when KJ's fans want HER back (and there are many, many) do some Trekkers start to object on some obscure principle, and don't tell me it isn't because of her gender! Makes me wonder what is the matter, haven't people heard of the Trek philosophy of IDIC!?! We're supposed to be positive in Trek, but it doesn't seem that way now. Well, KJ's fans are not going away, in fact the numbers are growing, and we know it is very possible to bring her back. Just someone has to decide to (like her "death") and it will happen, and then Voyager in Trek lit will be really Voyager again, with it's soul intact, not just sort of Voyager the way it is now. Bring her back, we know she lives!
The Shatner books, Trek Online and enve the JJ Verse/Countdown comics are NOT part of Trek Lit continuity. Sisko was NEVER dead and said that he would return...how many times do you people need to be told that! Those characters that were killed remain dead in TrekLit. Kirk...STILL DEAD. Data...STILL DEAD. Conversely, Janeway IS ALIVE in the same Trek Online Universe with Data.

How about this...push Kate Mulgrew to write her own novels with Admiral Janeway so that, like Shatner, they can exist outside of the regular timeline and the rest of us can go on enjoying her not being a part of mainline Trek Lit. But for fraks sake...stop pretending like this is some kind of conspiracy. Let characters that die stay dead. Spock's resurrection was miraculous precisely because it never happens.
And sing along in the age of paranoia

Green Day
Gotham Central is offline   Reply With Quote