View Single Post
Old December 31 2011, 09:49 PM   #45
Syn.Sixx
Ensign

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

Killandra wrote: View Post

I respectfully disagree and not just because I adore Janeway and she's one of my childhood heroes. Simply put, Janeway is one of the few characters that could not be thrown out to still have Voyager work. Kirsten Beyer is doing a good job w/o Janeway and honestly, the books have continued better than I originally thought they would however, Janeway was the unifying presence for the Voyager crew. No character can replace her presence or dynamic. The books since her demise in some ways read like it's a large away mission and we're waiting for her to magically appear on the next page. There is a feeling of a lost element and that element is Janeway. No Janeway= no Voyager.

I've talked to others who didn't care for Mulgrew's performance. I adore her as well. But all I can say is look as Ms. Bujold's work (the original casted Janeway) and I think you may appreciate Mulgrew a little.

Very well put .. and again, I freely admit to being another fan who falls into the category of "Adoring Janeway / Mulgrew Fans".

But I also respect that some people didn't like her.

What I don't like is being ridiculed or trolled by those who don't like her for saying that I do. But I'm willing to accept that sort of treatment from more ill-mannered trek fans because I believe that standing up and saying "Star Trek Voyager is NOT Star Trek Voyager without Kathryn Janeway as part of the stories."

It's a sad fact but true non-the less, a large number of Janeway supporters probably won't speak up simple because they don't feel like dealing with the rude response some people feel that being online and on the internet allows them to make.

I'll take it. Make fun, be rude as you want. We're not giving up.

Voyager without Janeway.. is not Voyager and killing her off was wrong.
Syn.Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote