View Single Post
Old December 31 2011, 09:41 AM   #38
Lynx
Rear Admiral

Re: Sign in the new petition for Bring Back Janeway, please!

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
Lynx wrote: View Post
New female captain on Voyager?

How pathetic!

They do kill off the best female captain we've ever seen in Star Trek and now they are gonna replace her with a weak copy. I find it almost insulting.
What a ridiculous reaction, especially since you clearly haven't read the books to know anything about the new captain A weak copy? What does that even mean?

I haven't read the books either, but I'm not about to jump to conclusions about a character I know nothing about.

VOY was a show about Captain Janeway trying to get her crew home. She succeeded. Anything Voyager does after that would have to be a pretty dramatic departure. The series would need an entirely new premise.

Honestly, without the drive to get her crew home, I don't know if I would even want to see Janeway anymore. That was her defining characteristic.
Ridiculous reaction? Why? Am I not allowed to react when something I actually liked is ruined?

Sorry, I'm not one of this sheep who just bow their heads and accept everything, good or bad. When I dislike something, I react.

And if you want a change, then you have to speak up.

As for a new premise, wouldn't it be better in that case if Voyager was laid to rest and if those in charge of the relaunch used their talent and skill on a story with a new ship and new crew. There they could add as many Edens and Batistes as they wanted, waste, kill off or replace as many important crew members as necessary for the premise of that story and leave us Voyager fans alone with our memories and our fan fiction?

Welcome to visit the Kes Website at: http://lynx677.byethost12.com
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote