View Single Post
Old December 29 2011, 05:11 PM   #975
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

You Don't Know Jack: Al Pacino did a great job playing Dr. Jack Kevorkian. This was one of the few times where I didn't feel like I was watching Al Pacino.

The Book of Eli: I didn't like the color scheme with brown skies and whatnot, but otherwise, this was a really good post-apocalyptic movie.

Find Me Guilty: The movie was long and tedious, but Vin Diesel gave a great dramatic and comedic performance and he was fun to watch.

Harvey wrote: View Post
193. The Happening (F)

The Happening: I'm appalled that Roger Ebert gave this abortion of a movie three stars. The acting is horrible (Mark Whalberg is terribly miscast as a science teacher, although the rest of the cast is pretty bad, too), the direction is mediocre, the score is unmemorable, and the writing is more awful than words can describe. This doesn't even begin to approach the way the movie treats science and scientists, who constantly state in the movie that the universe is not explainable.
I still enjoy Shyamalan's movies and liked this one despite the earnest acting and unpolished look.

BlazePin wrote: View Post
Just watched "Team America". Pretty awesome
Loved the overdone sex scene.

LitmusDragon wrote: View Post
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - B. Pretty good anime which mixes some serious themes about the consequences of time travel with some fairly typical coming-of-age stuff. Has a couple of memorable plot twists.
I want to see this one.

Harvey wrote: View Post
199. Win Win (B)
200. The Beaver (B)
I'm looking forward to seeing these too.

CaptainCanada wrote: View Post
180. Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (A-)
181. 50/50 (B+)
182. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (A-)
183. The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn (A)
184. War Horse (B+)
185. Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (A-)
186. We Bought A Zoo (A-)
Lucky you. I wanted to see some of those but I've been too sick over the last three weeks to go to the movies.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote