Old December 28 2011, 10:26 AM   #571
Saul
Rear Admiral

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

[QUOTE=mythme;5491288]
FPAlpha wrote: View Post
JarodRussell wrote: View Post
Side note:
Thank God PJ is putting on weight again.. not so much as in his LotR days but i saw an actual picture of him last year and he looked so thin and sickly that it scared me a bit (and he was having medical problems that needed surgery). Now that he's gained a few pounds again he looks so much healthier.. i like him with his hobbit physique.
Much of his weight loss was due to an ulcer for which he had surgery early in production of the Hobbit. Jackson's metbolism seems to work in reverse. You would think he would lose weight during these marathon film projects he undertakes. Instead, he's been steadily gaining as the Hobbit rolls along. And yes, he looks much healthier now.
I remember while he was making King Kong he started asking his assistant to bring him salads for lunch instead. Don't know if that was in a production diary but he looks completely different. I think now is his Hobbit look.