View Single Post
Old December 27 2011, 06:46 PM   #459
Noname Given
Vice Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Rocketeer wrote: View Post
Delsaber wrote: View Post
For such a little homage though, it sure has folks on the official forums up in a tizzy. Those cats can't even be happy with free stuff.
I was surprised that many players were not aware of the bat'leths and lirpas. I felt obligated to traumatize a few characters in ESD and Qo'noS with a whirling light show. (hitting the strike keys rapidly can produce some spectacular weapon flourishes)

People that expect free stuff all the time are rarely happy. I predict that you'll see the climate change considerably on STO when it goes F2P.
//
One thing many players who rountinely frequest the STO web site and Forums for info don't realize is:

Beyond creating their account and registering; the MAJORITY of players don't check back with the Web site or the official forums - and often don't even read the posted patch notes after a patch. They just log in and play the game, and take any changes as they come because most don't wprry about the best gear or min/max character bulds; they just log in to play/chat with friends and play.

This is true for most MMOs, as studies done by MMO developers show only about 10% of the actual playerbase ever really visit/read official forums in general; and a very small subset of that 10% account for most of the posting activity on MMO forums.