Old December 27 2011, 04:54 AM   #187
The Castellan
Commodore

Send a message via Yahoo to The Castellan
Re: The Improving the JJprise thread

Tom Servo wrote: View Post
The Castellan wrote: View Post
Tom Servo wrote: View Post

I really don't understand the personal attacks on JJ Abrams, just because he didn't make a Trek film the way YOU would have.

It's cause of that reaction that I LOVE the fact that the film was a commercial, and critical success, and was well received by the public, moreso then any other Trek film. And they they are making another.
Seeing as how this one got dumbed down to appeal to the Joe sixpack crowds, by making Trek into a mindless popcorn action flick, I would not call it a success. To me, success is more of attitude rather than aptitude. Like if a guy sells out in order to make it big, I'd not call him a winner, I'd call him a loser. And with Trek being dumbed down to appeal to the mass mainstream folks who watch Jersey Shore, Dancing with the Stars, TMZ and other rubbish, I don't exactly call that a success....just sanitized, sterilized, pasturized and homogenized to make ole' Joe Sixpack and Plain Jane happy.
If it was that dumbed down, how was it one of the best reviewed films of the year? This wasn't Transformers, where critics thought it was shit, but it made $500 million dollars. Those people, who you know, have studied film, and review it for a living, loved it. Or are they all just Joe Sixpack now, and YOU know something they all don't about film?
I don't read/watch film reviews.

Plus seeing as how popcorn action flicks are what masses watch, it's a no brainer.
The Castellan is offline   Reply With Quote