View Single Post
Old December 24 2011, 06:02 PM   #618
DonIago
Rear Admiral

View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

There isn't much I can say about this episode that you haven't already said. I love how the beginning of the episode misleads us into thinking it will be a bit of a romp, and I love how swiftly the episode turns into something much different.

When the big fight begins and Odyssey is taking a pounding I really thought the ship might be destroyed and thought, "Holy crap, they're going to blow up a Galaxy-class." Then the ship starts turning to retreat (a great sequence by the way...I'm not sure the sheer mass of the ship has ever been portrayed better) and I thought, "Oh, so they'll escape, but having learned not to screw around with the Jem'hadar." And then...well, we all know what happens next, and I don't think we'd ever seen such a display of naked petty aggression to that point in Trek history.

Yeah, you can imagine what it was like knowing we wouldn't get any new DS9 for several months.

I don't think it would be at all inappropriate to call this the Q Who? of DS9.
DonIago is offline   Reply With Quote