View Single Post
Old December 24 2011, 04:34 PM   #616
Admiral Shran
Admiral

Re: TheGodBen Revisits Deep Space Nine

DonIago wrote: View Post
To be fair, we can't really know what might have happened in the larger Trekverse as a result of the episode...it's not as though we got a window into the Federation council at this point.
Which is something that has always been a huge pet peeve for me - we never see the high level political/diplomatic dealings of any of the Trek shows. I would have loved to see some scenes set in the Federation Council Chamber or the Bajoran Chamber of Ministers.

Of course, the reason is that our main heroes tend to be "low" ranking members of the military and not politicians who have access to those power corridors. So, we would have to focus on new characters to carry those scenes. So, it's understandable why we never saw things like that.

But DS9 was the one show were they could have showed some scenes like that. I mean, Sisko is the Emissary of the Prophets, a man who regularly deals with the highest levels of the Bajoran government. They could have worked something in.