View Single Post
Old December 23 2011, 07:19 PM   #339
JD
Admiral

Re: Prometheus: Ridley Scott returns to Sci-Fi

xortex wrote: View Post
I think this thread is gonna be alot more entertaining than the movie. I'm out. To be honest, when I founs out it was the Lost guy writting it, I lost interest right away - friggin' 2001 rip off. I really hate Bad Robot and those Lost freaks.
Couldn't disagree more. Lost is one of my two absolute favorite shows in the history of television (NuBSG is the other) and I will gladly watch anything involving JJAbrams, Damon Lindelof and/or Carlton Cuse, pretty much without heistation. The fact that Damon Lindelof is writing it is part of the reason I'm so excited.
Three Wise Doctors wrote: View Post
Event Horizon is a superb film (show's what Anderson can do and it's a shame the production was rushed) Sunshine is interesting but Danny Boyle doing what he often does, lifting various bits from other films and slapping them together (hence why a very realistic sci-fi films suddeny becomes Event Horizon in the last 15 minutes...)
The Grinch Doctor wrote: View Post
Three Wise Doctors wrote: View Post
Event Horizon is a superb film (show's what Anderson can do and it's a shame the production was rushed) Sunshine is interesting but Danny Boyle doing what he often does, lifting various bits from other films and slapping them together (hence why a very realistic sci-fi films suddeny becomes Event Horizon in the last 15 minutes...)
Agreed on all counts. It's a pity that both films (especially Sunshine) didn't know how to resolve themselves in the final act and decided to become generic slasher flicks. I was very disappointed in regards to Sunshine because I'm a big fan of Boyle's.
Yeah, that was why I hated Sunshine when I went to see it in the theater. This was before I did horror movies, and I went in expecting a quiter sci-fi movie. I still regret that we (I saw it with my mom, since I don't drive and won't see movies by myself) paid full theater ticket price to see it.
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote