View Single Post
Old December 23 2011, 05:30 AM   #355
trek_futurist
Lieutenant Commander

Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
trek_futurist wrote: View Post
Then why make the movie? It's really REALLY stupid.
To get a new generation of people interested in Star Trek by going back to its roots yet allowing it to take its own path. And guess what: it worked!

It's really not that complicated.
It's roots were not

1-Unscientific stupidity with no explanation (I.E red matter)

2-Characters that it is pointless to care anything about because they are idiots with developmental disorders.

3-Nothing but explosions and arrogant characterizations

4-Product placement that is so overt it's shameless

The point is, if the writers wanted to start over with a completely alternate dimensional set of variables that doesn't mean a damned thing either way in relation to the prime universe or whether or not one should care if imposter kirk gets eaten by a snow monster or not, why not just write a completely new film with your own characters that have nothing to do with the star trek universe?

Because they wanted to milk the name some more. And because they are not as talented as some of you are led to believe. Their writing sucks.

And for your information most of the people I know who are my age or younger, even teenagers, who are star trek fans are not turned onto star trek by this 2009 travesty. They are turned onto it by having an internet connection and netflix and watching TOS and TNG.

Stop insulting the intelligence of the young. It's unbecoming. And it's what JJ and bob orci did with this garbage movie.