View Single Post
Old December 23 2011, 04:36 AM   #136
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: Does It Get Better???

stj wrote: View Post
As to the Alliances episode, Voyager most certainly did do something. It may be too subtle a point to grasp but arranging a diplomatic summit is most certainly doing something.
You'd have a point if Janeway's speech had said "We should never do anything, doing things is dangerous", but if Janeway's speech had said that I would have gone off on an entirely different rant. No, Janeway's speech said this:

JANEWAY: There's just one more thing I want to say. I hope there's a lesson for all of us in this. Although some of the species we've encountered here have been peaceful, others seem governed only by their own self-interests. This appears to be a region of space that doesn't have many rules. But I believe we can learn something from the events that have unfolded. In a part of space where there are few rules, it's more important than ever that we hold fast to our own. In a region where shifting allegiances are commonplace we have to have something stable to rely on. And we do. The principles and ideals of the Federation. As far as I'm concerned, those are the best allies we could have.
Now forgive me if this sounds stupid, but all those times I saw the Enterprise hosting peace conferences kinda gave me the impression that promoting peace was in line with the ideals and principles of the Federation.

Trying to force anger against Janeway by falsifying the facts of the story is, well, perhaps it would be politer not to say outright.
The only things I force are bad jokes and self-confidence, my anger grows naturally from my bitter nature.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to spread lies about other TV shows that I find mildly disappointing, because that's what I do apparently.