View Single Post
Old December 23 2011, 01:08 AM   #172
Relayer1
Rear Admiral

Re: Before Dishonour....seriously?!

Turtletrekker wrote: View Post
They attracted more readers by killing her off than they drove away. There is no such thing as bad publicity, and all the protesters did was raise awareness of the series and raise sales. Speaking for myself, I was completely done with Voyager at the end of Spirit Walk and picked up Full Circle only because of the events of Before Dishonor. Now, Voyager is one of my favorite Trek book series.
That about nails it for me too - not on my own then !

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
I find it interesting that many in the "Janeway should never die" camp liked Golden's approach and refused to read/support most other ST books.
I find it somewhat disconcerting. Is it some bizarre sexual thing like the slash wierdo's that I completely failed to pick up on ?

My problem with Goldens work was that I found the writing worse than amateur and the plots truly pitiful - particularly Spirit Walk. Noting that this appears to be largely taken as fact on these boards, there has to be something in those novels that I missed...

Any ideas ?