View Single Post
Old December 22 2011, 02:11 AM   #255
Herkimer Jitty
Rear Admiral

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Herkimer Jitty
Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

I love how there's a Star Trek Vision.

Even though Roddenberry had no intention of creating a vision for a world of Morally Superior Supermen Who Go Out Of Their Way To Lecture About Those Backwards 20th Century Neanderthals when he pitched The Cage.

More to the point, I think a future where human flaws have been eradicated is a nightmare dystopia, myself. Without anything to work against, there will be absolutley nothing to drive us. I think that dynamic forces drive human change and development, and that to supress ourselves in the name of evolution and progress is tantamount to a neutering.

Let's not forget, this isn't a thread about ST09, trek_futurist. You've spent 17 pages evading and double-talking this by talking down on the movie, meandering from the writing to the production design to the acting to the writing to the science. Prove. To me. That people who like that movie aren't real trek fans. You're the OP after all. The responsibility falls on you to back that shit up, or say "oops, my bad, I was kind of a dick, guys."