View Single Post
Old December 21 2011, 07:25 PM   #173
BillJ
Admiral

View BillJ's Twitter Profile
Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

trek_futurist wrote: View Post

1-(as I pointed out already) The main characters are completely OUT of character.
Since Star Trek 2009 takes place seven to ten years prior to Star Trek: The Original Series this would stand to reason. Are you the same person you were seven to ten years ago? Would you even be remotely the same person if someone had brutally murdered one of your parents?

trek_futurist wrote: View Post
No, they are what made star trek popular and what was DEFINITELY and WITHOUT A SHRED OF DOUBT lacking in the thing called star trek 2009.
What made Star Trek popular was the uncanny chemistry between Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley and to a lesser extent Stewart and Spiner. What makes the reboot tolerable is that Pine, Quinto and Urban seem to have some chemistry working together. Everything else is simply window dressing... tasty window dressing but window dressing nonetheless.