View Single Post
Old December 21 2011, 05:47 PM   #143
trek_futurist
Lieutenant Commander

Re: If you don't think Nemesis is better than Star trek 2009....

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Everything you say here is the same unsupported refrain I hear from adopters of the 2009 film. And it is completely illogical and non-sensical.

The 'fun' of star trek?

The FUN of star trek was always in exploring not only new worlds, but the scientific understanding of these new worlds, and of seeing how we have bettered ourselves as a species comparedto how we are today.

If you find nothing but endless bombast 'fun' you

1-Are 10 years old

2-Will just as easilyliketransformers

3-Probably hate the majority of all the high minded star trek films and shows that have been released, which, like it or not, were the very essence that made it what star trek has been come to be known for.

I won't even address the Shinzon non-sense you spewed because it is completelyunfounded. He was a romulan clone of picard who was programmed to reach a point of malevolence toward picard and the federation at a certain point of his life. That is all I will sayabout that, put the rest of the pieces together yourself.
By your conduct here, repeatedly insulting those who believe differently to you, you've repeatedly shown how little you truly understand Star Trek's philosophy - "Live and let live".
We're not talking about beliefs, we're talking about objective facts.

Objective fact 1-Star trek was made popular by those quirky little things like philosophical ideas, scientific explanations, showing alien customs, the fact that humanity was portrayed as better than it currently is, etc.

Objective fact 2-NONE of the above appeared in this thing called star trek 2009.