View Single Post
Old December 20 2011, 02:14 AM   #659
KB24
Fleet Captain

View KB24's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to KB24 Send a message via Yahoo to KB24
Re: "James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

I really hope they only mean 5 total. Regardless of how much they want to stick with Craig's Bond, don't they remember how far fetched and plastic Moore became at 7?

Fassbender has the same problem as Craig, both look a lot older than they really are. I can't picture Craig being able to cease aging in the next 10 years.

Back to Toby. I didn't know I needed evidence for something that was just my opinion. And yeah, Graves stinks and you can't completely fault an actor for a crappy part, but I also don't like him in Sharpe's Challenge or Jane Eyre. I don't like the guy, sorry. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, and I don't think he can act. Do you have a film he's done that you recommend as an example of his merits?

At best, you can say Toby's skills leave some doubt, but there is no mistaking that his mother is awesome. So why did the apple fall far from the tree here for me? I think she is a star, she certainly has the hardware for it. Is he too young? Too stage based where we don't see what is his best stateside? I really think that he's just giving an acting a go because of his family. It's like Joely and Natasha Richardson, was there any doubt they would become actresses?

Some people just come from acting families, and that is a critical part of their CV, oh yes indeed. You would be a fool to presume that Suri Cruise is going to get anywhere on her own merits. Some people are even desperate to connect themselves to any acting family possible. Casper Van Dien pushed the 'grandson in law to Robert Mitchum' connection for all it was worth. Nicholas Cage wanted to change his name and not be a Coppola, but he certainly took roles in Uncle Frank's films. Sherri Moon in all of Rob Zombies films, anyone?

Nepotism, Hollywood is rank with it. Nothing new, but an excuse for lots of people to get lots of places. Not sure why you guys think my saying it is that big a deal?

Rachel Weisz, Bond Girl!
http://ithinkthereforeireview.blogspot.com
KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote