View Single Post
Old December 16 2011, 10:34 PM   #24
Temis the Vorta
Fleet Admiral

Re: the spy/assassin genre resurgence

Another spy series - The Americans on FX.
FX has greenlighted its next pilot, The Americans, a period drama created/executive produced by Joe Weisberg (Falling Skies) and executive produced by Graham Yost, showrunner of FX’s drama series Justified. The project centers on two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington DC in the early 1980s. The arranged marriage of Phillip and Elizabeth Jennings grows more passionate and genuine by the day, but is constantly tested by the escalation of the Cold War and the intimate, dangerous and darkly funny relationships they must maintain with a network of spies and informants under their control. Complicating their relationship further is Phillip’s growing sense of affinity for America’s values and way of life and the couple’s two children who know nothing about their parents’ true identity.
Eh, doesn't thill me. Setting it in the 1950s or earlier would be more interesting.

And while I'm here, yet another show has pulled the "CIA working domestically" schitck. If I said which one, that would constitute a spoiler, but if you saw it, you probably had the same shark-jumping mental flash I did.
Temis the Vorta is offline   Reply With Quote