View Single Post
Old December 16 2011, 06:38 PM   #938
LitmusDragon
Commodore

Re: Movies Seen in 2011

107. Scarface (rewatch) - B+. I confess, a great deal of my enjoyment of this film comes from Pacino's completely ridiculous cuban accent. I walk around the house saying "cock-a-roach" for days after watching this movie. Al Pacino is one of America's most-beloved cartoon characters. This movie is a lot of fun on a visceral kind of level.

108. X2 (rewatch) - B+. Not quite as good as I remembered it. I'm a little bothered by the unrealistic violence in these movies on my most recent watch, in particular how Wolverine is stabbing people left and right (in the gut, usually) but practically nobody ever DIES from it. Not that I'm saying he should be going around offing everybody, but he could like ... wing people, or something. I dunno. Then there's the other power he seems to have, as a universal lockpick ... jam your claw in it and it starts any machine or car ... wtf is that? Anyway, Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan steal the show here with some really great performances. Nightcrawler and Mystique are written/used quite well. There are at least three really great scenes in this movie: the opening scene with Nightcrawler in the White House, Magneto's escape from his plastic prison (love this scene, could watch it over and over), and Jean Grey's sacrifice.

Last edited by LitmusDragon; December 16 2011 at 07:13 PM.
LitmusDragon is offline   Reply With Quote