View Single Post
Old December 16 2011, 12:47 PM   #97
DevilEyes
Rear Admiral

View DevilEyes's Twitter Profile
Re: Once More, With Feeling: my big Buffy/Angel canon rewatch/reread/r

Seven Swans a Swimming wrote: View Post

Oops, I think I missed the part about vampires not being able to lose consciousness off my post. I do find it absurd that it slipped through, and my post is silly because I posted my thought not fully realised.

As for big and scary, I'm probably exaggerating, but I at least thought she'd be able to put up some sort of fight after she'd just killed Kendra in part one. It left me with the impression that something big might have to happen to stop her, which is another reason, for me, why the choking scene falls flat.

It's a really small thing though - aside from Becoming Part One (and that's only from the hypnotism/slashing Kendra's throat), Drusilla was never built up as a big fighter or anything, so I can undertand why they didn't go down that route. Well I suppose her boyfriend taking her down and away from town is a big thing!
I wish they explained a bit more about Drusilla's power of hypnotism - very few vampires seem to have it in Buffyverse (The Master, Dracula, Dru), unlike in True Blood or Vampire Diaries, where it's a standard power of any vampire.

I figure that her hypnotism can't work on vampires, or else I imagine she'd at least use it on Spike in Crush, when he tied her up and was offering to kill her for Buffy, or on Angel in AtS season 2 when he fought her or when set her and Darla on fire.

And saturn5, I didn't know there was a stop-motion comic. The concept sounds interesting enough though I don't know what the subject is. I've only sort of dipped my toes into Buffy comics - I have the first three paperback collections from season 8, so I'm a bit behind on everything really. No Angel comics either.
It's just the first 19 issues of season 8, with some actors (obviously not the actors!) doing the voices of Buffy, Willow etc. You can see the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FmcqGtkHcI and an example: http://youtu.be/8tFYwX2LOak

I have no interest in the motion comic, it seems lame to me. I've already read the comics, so why would I need to see the same pages with some weird movements and average actors reading the lines. Though it would be really funny to hear them do #34.

my Buffy/Angel rewatch
DevilEyes is offline   Reply With Quote